Cracked heels and dry feet can be itchy and irritable, sometimes painful. Luckily, you can deal with the problem naturally. Instead of buying expensive creams, you could whip up a DIY foot mask to ease the condition. The best part? This mask calls for only two common ingredients.
Bananas and avocados are great to eat, since they’re full of vitamins. The oleic acid in avocados and the potassium in bananas, along with their natural creaminess, makes for a great combination to fix dry skin.
- 1 ripe medium-sized banana
- 1 ripe medium-sized avocado
- Peel the banana and cut it into pieces before mashing it in a bowl.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the seed and scoop out the pulp. Mash this in a bowl.
- Combine the mashed banana and avocado till you get a smooth, creamy paste.
- Apply this all over your feet but pay special attention to your heels, where you can pack it on.
- After 20 minutes, rinse off the mask with lukewarm water and gently pat dry with a towel.
Safe for almost all skin types, this simple, inexpensive foot mask can be used regularly for smooth and soft feet.