Want a natural balm to free you of pain and help relax your muscles? Try this DIY concoction that you can make at home. Both the core ingredients ginger and hemp oil have anti-inflammatory properties that can relax your blood vessels and soothe pain. So whether it is that hip or shoulder that’s bothering you, try this salve to tackle the inflammation.
1 pound fresh sliced ginger root
¾ cup hemp oil
1tbsp turmeric powder
Peel of one lemon
3 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a covered pan and simmer on low flame for 90 minutes.
- Once simmered, remove from heat and let it cool till it reaches room temperature.
- Strain this liquid and keep aside.
- At this point the oil and water will have separated with the oil settling on the top.
- Use a syringe or a turkey baster to tap the oil off and transfer it to a small jar or bottle.
- Place this container in the freezer and let it harden. If you prefer a softer salve, keep it in the refrigerator instead.
- Make sure this container is well-sealed and kept in a cool, dark place.
- You can use it on your sore and painful muscles and joints to soothe them.
Image Source: Shutterstock