By making your own laundry detergent, you can skip on all the chemicals that are usually added to store-bought products. Essential oils, when added to your DIY cleaner, work as an antibacterial that keeps your clothes germ-free. And there’s the lovely natural fragrance that comes with it, of course.
Here’s a simple, aromatic laundry detergent you can make at home.
- ¼ cups soap (grated)
- ¼ cup borax
- ¼ cup washing soda
- 25 to 30 drops of essential oil (you can try lavender or citrus)
- 1 gallon water
- Gallon container (a milk container will do)
- A large bowl
- Add the grated soap to the bowl, along with the borax and washing soda.
- Whisk the mixture well.
- Pour in four cups of hot boiling water over the soap mix and continue whisking until the soap melts.
- Add the essential oils to the mixture and keep whisking until it all blends well.
- Use the funnel to pour the mixture into a large container.
- After pouring the prepared solution, fill the container with water.
- Your laundry detergent is ready. Use it whenever you please, and make sure you give it a good shake before you use it.
Did You Know? You Can Use Dishwashing Liquid For These Household Chores
Did You Know? Doing House Work Is A Great Way To Burn Calories
Fast Five: Ways To Clean Glass Without Leaving Streaks