Do you remember how grandma always pulled out that strong aromatic bottle of eucalyptus oil, each time you had a cold or cough? This essential oil has long been used as an effective remedy to ease respiratory problems, cold, and sore throat. Because of its antibacterial, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, and antiviral properties, this oil has multiple benefits; here are some of them:
1. Aids Dental Health: This oil has a refreshing aroma that makes it a good addition to your toothpaste and mouthwash. But more importantly, doing so can help keep your overall dental health in check because of its antiseptic properties.
2. Relieves Pain: Eucalyptus oil is known to have a relaxing effect on achy muscles. Applying it to painful areas increases the blood flow to that area, thus reducing inflammation.
3. Helps Treat Skin Infection: It contains a potent compound called cineole that can heal several kinds of bacterial skin infections. In fact, this oil was used by native Australian Aborigines to treat wounds and fungal infections for ages.
4. Boosts Hair Health: Using a few drops of eucalyptus oil with coconut or olive oil to massage your hair will make your mane look well-nourished, and also help with hair issues such as dandruff and an itchy scalp.
5. Insect Repellent: Put away those toxic insect repellents, and use eucalyptus oil in a diffuser; its strong aroma will help repel pesky bugs.