Sweating is an unavoidable part of our lives. While many of us overlook the importance of a deodorant, bad body odor can make us and people around us very uncomfortable. It’s not only socially embarrassing but also leads to low self-esteem.
If you’ve run out of deodorant, or simply prefer using something more natural and chemical-free, try these quirky DIY solutions.
- Baking Soda & Cornstarch: This one’s an absolute low-cost solution. While baking soda absorbs bad odor, cornstarch increases the production of collagen which treats underarm rashes and assists in the maintenance of smooth skin. Mix one part baking soda with six parts of cornstarch, and rub it in the armpits.
- Lemon Juice: The citric acid in lemon or any other citrus fruit kills odor-causing bacteria. Rub half a rind of lemon on your armpits or apply some lemon juice and leave it on for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with a mild body wash.
- Alcohol: Feeling sweaty at a party? Here’s a weird but effective trick: Dip a cotton ball in any alcoholic liquid, and rub it in your armpits. Alcohol is an anti-bacterial agent which kills odor-causing bacteria and also has a drying effect which prevents excessive sweating. Don’t worry; the strong smell of alcohol will fade off in a couple of minutes.
- Radish Juice & Glycerin: Radish juice and glycerin are great skin cleansers. Squeeze the juice out of 1 dozen radish and mix it with ¼tsp glycerin. Store it and use as a spray daily.
- Thyme & Honey: The leaves of thyme are a powerful germicide and an antiseptic, and honey makes your skin cleaner. Mix dried thyme leaves with a mixture of honey and water in equal parts and rub it under your arms.