Your smile defines your personality, and your teeth define your smile. If you’ve been relying on teeth whitening strips and chemical-laden products to whiten your teeth, try something a little more natural, instead. Commercially sold strips are tedious to deal with, can be used only over the front teeth, and fade easily.
On the other hand, these natural food remedies are chemical free and not as expensive as store-bought products. They might not give you drastic results, but are certainly safer and better to use on your pearly whites.
- Banana Peel: High amounts of potassium, magnesium and manganese in banana peel help in fading the stains on your teeth. Scrub them directly over your teeth for 10 minutes, and rinse well.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Its anti-bacterial constituent removes yellow stains from teeth and adds a natural shine. Simply gargle with apple cider vinegar before brushing and flossing.
- Strawberry: Strawberries contains five types of acids: citric acid, ascorbic acid, malic acid, ellagic acid and pantothenic acid. These acids work as an astringent for your teeth and make them look brighter. Crush the berry and brush it on your teeth. However, they are high on sugar content, so brush your teeth thoroughly after using.
- Orange Peel: Orange consists of a compound named d-limonene which has a gentle whitening effect when applied to teeth. It is effective in removing strong stains caused by smoking as well. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after using it.
- Sesame Oil: The anti-bacterial properties in sesame oil make it a potential ingredient to detox your teeth and gums. Oil-pulling whitens your teeth by removing plaque, removes toxins and gives you a fresh breath. Take 1 ½ teaspoon of sesame oil and swish it around your mouth for 2 minutes, brush thoroughly post that. Coconut oil makes a good swap for this trick.