Mold and mildew are not only visually repelling but also quite harmful to one’s health. They can cause terrible allergic reactions and also trigger asthma attacks. Once they settle in, they can be difficult to remove. You may have to use commercial cleaners to get rid of them. However, these cleaners are usually toxic and can leave behind chemical traces in your home. Instead, try this easy DIY cleaner recipe to clear out the mess.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1tbsp borax
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 clean spray bottle
- Combine the ingredients in the spray bottle and shake it well.
- Use this spray on surfaces clouded with mold or mildew.
- Use a dry brush to wipe off mildew, but leave a little residue to prevent it from forming again.
This powerful disinfectant is very effective and can get rid of patches of mildew that breed in bathrooms, windowsill and other places around your home.