Fabric stains are a part of our everyday life. Smudged ink, spilled wine, lipstick marks or dirty collars are not only annoying, but the extensive washing can also cut short the life of your favorite clothes. Here are quick and easy remedies to tackle those blotches without damaging the cloth.
- Alcohol For Ink Stains: If you have any pen marks on your attire, wet a sponge with alcohol, rub it over the stain and wipe it off with a clean cloth. Milk will also do the trick.
- Cornstarch For Grease Spots: If you use cloth napkins in your kitchen, cornstarch is will get rid of those stubborn, greasy spots. Sprinkle some cornstarch over the stain and wait for 5-7 minutes till the cloth absorbs it and you can simply brush it off.
- Sugar Syrup For Tea Stains: Mix some sugar in water and soak the stained area in this solution for a few hours. Later, rinse it off thoroughly.
- Bread Crust For Lipstick: Take some bread, remove its crust and rub it gently over the mark till it picks up all the lipstick.
- Shampoo For Oil Stains And Collars: Just like it works for your oiled hair, shampoo removes oil from your fabric as well. Pour a little shampoo over the stained area, rub it and rinse off thoroughly. This trick also works well with dirty collars.
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Green Living QA: Is There An All Natural Cleaner For My Shower?