The dishwashing liquid you use to scrub your utensils can also be used for a couple of other things around the house. We show you how to use it as an all-purpose solution:
- Chemical-Free Herbicide: If you have unwanted plants and vegetation cropping up in or around the house, get rid of it with the help of your dishwashing soap. Combine 1 spoon of dishwashing liquid with 1 cup salt and 7-10 cups of vinegar, mix it thoroughly and pour the solution on the weeds.
- Filter Cleaner: Add a spoonful of dishwashing liquid in water and soak your air-conditioner filter in it for half-an-hour. Scrub it with the help of a brush, rinse it properly and fix the filter back, once it is dry. This will give you clean and fresh air.
- Hair Cleanser: If you have naturally oily hair, mix a tablespoon of dishwashing liquid with your shampoo and make your luscious locks flowy and fuller. This will also add shine to dull hair.
- Carpet Cleaner: Apply 1 tsp of dishwashing liquid on the carpet stain, leave it for 15-20 minutes, and scrub it off with a wet cloth. It will remove the stain quickly and easily.
- Insect Repellent: Mix a spoonful of dishwashing liquid in water and wipe your counter tops, windows and furniture with this solution. This will not only clean the dust and the residue over them, but will also keep ants and other insects away.
Fast Five: Unusual Ways To Use Cornstarch
Easy & Economical: 5 DIY Home Cleaners Made Of Baking Soda
5 Hacks To Revive & Repurpose Old Household Items