If you didn’t know this already, prepare to be shocked—an average person walks a staggering 115,000 miles in their lifetime, which is like walking around the earth almost five times! If simply reading that made your feet ache, we have just the thing for you.
Pamper your tootsies with a tea tree and mint scrub. It’s fragrant and relaxing, and you could rustle it up at home in a matter of minutes.
- 5tbsp medium-grain coarse sea salt
- 2tbsp carrier oil, like sweet almond oil or mildly scented apricot oil
- 5-6 drops of peppermint oil
- 8-10 drops of tea tree oil
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix lightly, just until you get a chunky paste.
- Apply it to your feet and scrub gently, using circular motions. Pay special attention to heels, ankles and the underside of your feet, where the skin is thicker.
- Rinse off with lukewarm water, and pat dry with a soft towel.
Now that you know mint is good for more than just garnishing cocktails, you can use this scrub to capture its refreshing aroma. With the healing properties of tea tree oil, this chunky mix will slough off dead skin, reduce tan lines, and leave you feeling refreshed.