Aromatherapy shower tablets are a great addition to your regular bath routine, to help you unwind after a long and tiring day at work. All you have to do is pick the right one and leave it at the bottom of your shower when you wash up. This tablet will dissolve in warm water and release fragrances and vapors that help soothe your senses and raise your energy levels.
Shower tablets are available at the local pharmacy and herbal stores, but with a little effort, you could customize and make one yourself. Here’s how:
- ½ cup water
- Lavender essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- 2 cups baking soda
- Silicone cupcake molds
- Mixing bowl
- A spoon for mixing
- Baking pan
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the baking soda into a mixing bowl and add water to it. Mix it well, till the texture resembles wet sand.
- Spoon this mixture into silicon molds and place it on a baking tray. You can also use cupcake liners for this step.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the tray and add 5 to 6 drops of essential oils to the tablets.
- Allow them to sit for a bit till they absorb the oils well.
- Once they cool completely, remove them from the molds and store them in an air-tight jar.
Your homemade shower tablets are ready. Place a tablet or two on the floor of the bath tub, and let the warm water melt them away. This will diffuse wonderful, rejuvenating aromas in the bath. Consider preparing tablets with different oils, and use them as DIY gifts.