Harness the benefits of a therapeutic steam bath in your own home by making these DIY aromatherapy shower steamers. They are nothing but small, fizzy tablet-sized disks that can be used while taking a shower.
All you have to do is leave it in one corner of your shower, away from the direct stream of water, yet at a place where the water will flow over it. As it fizzes, the essential oils evaporate and float up into the steam, giving you a therapeutic experience. This can also help relieve congestion or stuffy nose, help relax and soothe your senses and also wake you up.
- 2 cups baking soda,
- 1 cup arrowroot powder (you can also use cornstarch instead)
- 1 cup citric acid
- 3-5tbsp water
- 2 drops fir needle essential oil
- 1 drop sweet orange essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop cinnamon leaf essential oil
- Take a bowl and combine the baking soda, citric acid and arrowroot powder, and blend them all well until there are no lumps.
- Add 1tbsp water at a time to the mixture, stirring slowly with each added tablespoon of water. You need to get a snowball-like consistency before you move to the next step. Make sure it is not too wet by adding more powder to it.
- Now begin filling the mixture into molds.
- Allow the molds to air dry overnight.
- Once they are well-hardened, place the tray into a preheated oven set at 350 degrees, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow them to cool and remove the steamers so that they can harden completely.
- Blend all the essential oils together and add drops of them on top of the cool, dried steamers. You can store them in jars and use them accordingly.
Your homemade shower steamers are ready. Place one on the floor of the shower, and let the warm water melt them away. This will diffuse wonderful, rejuvenating aromas in the bath. Consider preparing steamers with different oils, and use them as DIY gifts.
PS: Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Find many more blissful Spa ideas here.
DIY Aromatherapy Shower Tablets To Relieve Stress & Fatigue
Green Tea & Lemon Bath Soak To De-Stress
Bath Salts: Soak Up Good Health
Lavender Bath Salts At Home