A scrub is not just a way to clean out your dead skin cells and revitalize your skin, it is also a great way to get relaxed and remove those traces of stress. Without spending any extra time or effort, just add a few scents and ingredients to your daily bath and body care routine to feel rejuvenated.
- 10tbsp raw turbinado sugar or any granular sugar
- 2tbsp white sugar
- 10 drops sweet orange oil
- 6 to 8 drops grapefruit oil
- 4 drops lavender oil
- 4tbsp sweet almond or jojoba oil (to be used as the carrier oil)
- Mix the sugars in a bowl and add the oils. Blend properly till everything mixes well.
- Add two tbsp of the carrier oil in a glass jar and half of the sugar mix to it.
- Add another layer of the remaining carrier oil in the jar and top it with the dry sugar mix.
- The scrub will have an oily feel to it, which will be especially helpful in tackling the dryness of the fall season.
- Use it to massage your body while taking a shower and rinse off with warm water.
Here’s how the scent of sweet orange oil, lavender, grapefruit oil and almond or jojoba can help you relax and feel positive through the day.
- Lavender scent can help your nerves feel relaxed, can prevent and reduce headaches triggered by migraine, induce sleep, reduce skin allergies and ease joint pain and inflammation.
- Sweet orange scent can help reduce negativity, infuse happiness and positivity, can help you beat stress and depression as well as fight anxiety.
- Grapefruit essential oil can help reduce feelings of stress and help you feel cheerful instead.
- Sweet almond essential oil can help fight anxiety and bring a feeling of relaxation and calm. It will also help you sleep better.