This DIY cream is not just a great way to keep your skin soft and supple, it can also help you get relaxed and remove traces of stress. Plus, it smells wonderful. But the very best part is that it’s made from everyday ingredients found in your kitchen.
So don’t spend money on those expensive creams and lotions; follow this recipe and create your own concoction for a spa-like experience at home.
- ½ cup semi-solid coconut oil
- 25 drops orange essential oil
- 1½tbsp shea butter
- 2 drops sweet almond oil
- Put the coconut oil, shea butter and sweet almond oil in a bowl and blend until smooth.
- Now add the orange essential oil and keep mixing again for another five to seven minutes.
- The mix has to become fluffy and almost get a whipped texture.
- Next, use a rubber spatula to scoop out the cream and transfer it in a glass jar with a lid.
- On warmer days, you will have to keep it in the fridge for some time to help it get some form and make sure that it does not melt. But in this season, you probably don’t have to worry about it.
Here’s how the scent of orange, coconut, and sweet almond oil can help you relax and feel positive:
- The sharp scent of orange oil will help ease stress, making you feel more alert and positive. The calming effects will relax you and remove any irritability. It will also help to remove your fears and open up your mind in a more conscious way.
- Coconut and sweet almond are both used as carrier oils which soothe the skin, and help you massage better, thus calming tense nerves.