The best part about fall is the nip in the air that makes you want to curl up at home, and just relax. One way to heighten your experience is to light some aromatic candles at home and enjoy the blissful scent.
Why not try making your own candles with a fragrance of your choice? It’s really easy. Once you learn the method, you could probably make some more candles as gifts for the holiday season up ahead. Follow our simple step-by-step guide.
- Any candle wax of your choice
- A mason jar
- A candle wick
- Hot glue gun
- A double boiler or a big pan and a glass bowl that will be able to sit on the pot
- A food thermometer
- Oven gloves
- Fragrance oil of your choice
- Colorant of your choice
- A container with a spout
- Before you buy your supplies, read the instructions carefully regarding measurements, as most wicks and jars will have specific measurements that will tell you what goes best with what.
- Place the wax in the boiler or pan and melt it over low to medium heat, making sure you are always around.
- Put some hot glue at the center of the mason jar so that when you place the wick it stays in place. Put the wick in the jar and hold it for some time, so that the glue dries and the wick is secure.
- Once the wax melts, let it cool just a bit before adding the colorant and the oil.
- Pour the wax in the mason jar and let it cool. Once the wax has cooled and taken shape, trim off the top of the wick to the desired height.
Perfect Relaxing Scents For Fall
- Pumpkin spice
- Honey and milk