Looking for a spa break this season? If you, like us, prefer natural treatments, the AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa in Sri Lanka is just the place for you. But if traveling to Sri Lanka is off the charts this season, we have the next best thing—home spa recipes from AVANI’s very own spa menu.
In the second of this three-part series, spa executive Arti Peiris suggests a DIY treatment for dry skin, that’s an instant hit at the spa.
Best For: Dry Skin
This cool scrub will re-energize your entire body and gently calm and nourish sensitive and dehydrated skin.
- 200g fresh coconut
- 250g fresh cucumber
- A few drops of lemon or grapefruit essential oil
- Scrape the coconut till smooth and mix with grapefruit or lemon essential oil.
- Apply this scrub all over the body.
- Keep this on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe the body with a warm towel, then apply fresh cucumber and leave on for 20 minutes
- Soak in a bathtub for 15-20 minutes. Add some grapefruit or lemon essential oil to enhance the experience. If you don’t have a bathtub, you can stand under a warm shower as well.
- Wash off and towel dry.
Watch this space for the final part of the series.
PS: Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Get many more blissful Spa ideas here.
DIY Spa Secrets From The AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa, Sri Lanka (Part 1)
DIY Spa Recipe: Aroma Candles To Calm Your Senses
3 Relaxing DIY Spa Ideas For Your Feet