Looking for a spa break this season? If you, like us, prefer natural treatments, the AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa in Sri Lanka is just the place for you. But if traveling to Sri Lanka is off the charts this season, we have the next best thing—home spa recipes from AVANI’s very own spa menu.
In the first of this three-part series, spa executive Arti Peiris suggests a DIY treatment for dull skin, that’s an instant hit at the spa.
Best For: Dull Skin
This ultra-moisturizing ginger and sugar scrub is known to reinvigorate dull skin and smoothen it out.
- 200g fresh ginger
- 100g sugar
- 150g fresh yogurt
- A few drops of rose essential oil (optional)
- Mix the ginger and sugar together with mineral water, and blend until smooth.
- Apply this scrub all over the body.
- Keep this on for 15 minutes.
- Wipe the body with a warm towel, then apply fresh yogurt and leave on for 20 minutes
- Soak in a bathtub for 15-20 minutes. Add some rose essential oil to enhance the experience. If you don’t have a bathtub, you can stand under a warm shower as well.
- Wash off and towel dry.
Watch this space for the second and the third part of the series.
PS: Explore our Wellness section for spa DIY, natural home care and more.
Get many more blissful Spa ideas here.
DIY Spa Recipe: Aroma Candles To Calm Your Senses
3 Relaxing DIY Spa Ideas For Your Feet