Using a mix of essential oils in proper proportions can have amazing results: essential oils elevate your mood, calm your nerves and help you to clear your mind. Inhalation is the fastest way for the aroma to enter your system and stimulate your senses, and so we recommend breathing in an essential oil vapor to best benefit from four of our favorite oils: lavender, mandarin, bergamot and sage. Use this soothing facial steam before bed and enjoy the deep and restful sleep which will follow.
- 2-3 drops of lavender
- 2-3 drops of mandarin
- 2-3 drops of bergamot
- 2-3 drops of sage
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add the essential oils to the saucepan.
- Close your eyes and place your face over the steam. Cover your head with a towel. Keep your face at least 12 inches above the water to prevent burning.
- Inhale slowly and deeply, focusing on (and savoring) the aroma.
- Breathe for 5 minutes or until the water cools and steam subsides.