Those fresh, leafy greens not only make you healthy from the inside, but outside as well. They’re great for the health of your skin, here’s why.
Veggies like kale and spinach are loaded with vitamins A, C, E and K, and have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. When added to other beneficial ingredients like Epsom salt and essential oils, they help release toxins and soften the surface of the skin. So the next time you’re about to make salad, or a healthy smoothie, keep some greens aside for this detoxifying body wrap.
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 sheets of nori
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 5- 10 drops lavender oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Coconut water or water
- Old bed sheet
- Old blanket, and towels
- Mix together kale, spinach, nori, coconut oil and coconut water in a blender.
- Add the Epsom salts and essential oil to the mix.
- Take a warm shower before you apply the wrap, so that your pores open up.
- Place the bed sheet on the floor and sit on it.
- Apply the paste on your body, beginning from your feet, going upwards to the neck.
- As you do so, pull the bed sheet to cover you up.
- Once you’re completely covered, place the blanket and towels on top of you. You must keep warm, so that the ingredients seep in. If you try the wrap during a cold month, keep the heater switched on.
- Stay under the blanket for 30 to 60 minutes, as long as you feel comfortable. Try to relax and focus on your breath.
- When it’s time, take the wrap off, and discard it.
- Go for a bath, and rinse off any leftover mask.
- Use a moisturizer all over your body to finish the treatment.